A Record is a DNS record and is used to point a domain or subdomain to an IP address. You can add "A Record" using the cPanel"s Zone Editor option.
1. Log into your cPanel account. (eg: www.example.com/cPanel )
2. In the "Domains" section, click on the "Zone Editor" Icon.
Under "Domains", you can see many options below the "Actions" text.
3. Click on "A Record" and a small window will pop open. Enter the required details in it.
Name: Enter the name you wish to add, for example, add "blog" and the cPanel will automatically add a domain name like blog.example.com.
Address: Enter the IP Address of the server.
Now click on the "Add an A Record" button.
If the record is added successfully, you will see a success message. The DNS propagation can take up to 24 hours.
Note: It may take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours for the changes to take effect worldwide.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
You can edit or remove a Record from cPanel using the cPanel DNS Zone Editor which allows you to...
If you want to receive a cronjob error or notification, you can update your e-mail address from...
If you want to receive notification on reaching your disk quota, bandwidth usage limit, reaching...
1. Log into your cPanel account.2. In the "Files" section, click on "File Manger" Icon. 3....
You can use cPanel login details to access your Web Disk. You can also create an additional...