Let's Encrypt is a free, global Certificate Authority (CA) which allows you to enable secure HTTPS connections between your web server and your visitors' web browser to prevent sensitive information from eavesdropping, data tampering, and message forgery. It is valid for 90 days. You can renew it automatically by setting a cron (Daily, Weekly or monthly) from Scheduled Task option.
Below are the steps to enable Let’s encrypt Free SSL Certificate on your domain.
- Login into Plesk Control Panel.
- Click on the Domains option.
- Locate the domain on which you want to enable and click on Let’s Encrypt option.
- Enter a valid email address in the field and check the box "Include a "www" subdomain for the domain and each selected alias", if you want the SSL Certificate to cover the domain both with and without the "www" prefix, and then click on the install button.
Note: If you don't check the include a www... box, then your certificate will be valid only for yourdomain.com. If you do check the box, both domain yourdomain.com and www.yourdomain.com will be covered.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be returned to the hosting page where a success message will let you know the process is completed.
If the process was not successful, check that the domain name which you have entered is valid. The domain name you have entered in the Let's encrypt request form must:
be spelled correctly.
be registered and active.
be resolved to your hosting service.
If you still face any issues, please get back to us.
- Click on the Hosting Settings.
- Under the security section, the below options need to be selected and then click on the OK button to save it.
Permanent redirect from HTTP to HTTPS
Let's Encrypt Certificate
- Now you can browse your website with https:// with no SSL Warnings message.