Leapswitch Networks Pvt. Ltd.
Installation of Acronis Plugin on Cpanel Server
Basic overview of the article
This document describes how to install and use the Acronis Backup plugin for WHM and cPanel. The plugin integrates WHM and cPanel with Acronis Backup or Acronis Cyber Cloud. With the plugin, a WHM user can:Back up an entire cPanel server to the cloud storage with the disk-level backupRecover the entire server including all of the websitesPerform granular recovery of websites, individual files, mailboxes, mail filters, mail forwarders, accounts, and databases, including the databases created outside of WHMEnable self-service recovery for cPanel accounts once the plugin is installed and configured, the server is backed up on a predefined schedule. A backup can also be started on demand. The backup schedule can be configured in the Acronis web console. Recovery can be performed from the WHM and cPanel interfaces. It is not possible to back up individual websites. However, the rights for self-service recovery can be granted to each account separately.
- System requirements:
-PHP version 5.6 or later.
-Granular recovery of databases is supported only for local MySQL. Granular recovery of PostgreSQL databases is not supported.
-Besides the plugin, a backup agent must be installed on the same machine. If cPanel is running on a Virtuozzo container, the backup agent must be installed on the Virtuozzo host instead of the container.
- Installing the plugin:
To install the Acronis Backup plugin for WHM and cPanel, run the following command:
sh <(curl -L https://download.acronis.com/ci/cpanel/stable/install_acronis_cpanel.sh || wget -O -https://download.acronis.com/ci/cpanel/stable/install_acronis_cpanel.sh)This command runs the installation script.
- Installing the backup agent:
To back up the Virtuozzo container, the backup agent must be installed on its host as described in the Installing the backup agent on Virtuozzo host(p. 14)section.
1.Log into WHM UI.
2.Click Plugins> AcronisBackup.
3. Specify the credentials of the account to which the machine should be assigned. Make sure that you specify the credentials of an account created within the customer group (Customer administrator, Unit administrator, or User). Do not specify partner administrator credentials.
4. Follow the installation wizard. During the installation, the software checks if the ports required for communication with the cloud are open. If some of the ports are closed, the software shows numbers of these ports and the hostnames for which a port should be open. Open the ports, close the wizard, and restart the installation. Completing the installation may take several minutes. You can leave the page during this process. The backup agent can also be installed by using the command line.
- Uninstalling the plugin:
To uninstall the Acronis Backup plugin for WHM and cPanel, run the following command:
yum remove acronis-backup-cpanel
Removing the extension will also uninstall the backup agent from the cPanel server. The backup accounts you created and the backed-up data will be left intact.
The following operations are available in WHM UI.
6.1. Enabling backup for a server
1. Click Plugins> AcronisBackup.
2. Enable the backup switch.
For cPanel server backup, a backup plan with a specific configuration is required.
-Encryption should be disabled.
-Avoid exclusion. Otherwise, it will dramatically slow down mounting\recovery process.
-Do not change the parameters described in "Configuring a backup plan for a cPanel server".Otherwise, granular recovery in WHM and cPanel UI will not work.
-Do not apply to the cPanel server other plans that do not meet the above requirements. Otherwise, granular recovery in WHM and cPanel UI will not work either. When you enable backup, the plugin attempts to find and apply a suitable backup plan. If several plans are found, a randomly selected one is applied. If no suitable plans are found, the default backup plan with the “Webcp” name is created and applied to the cPanel server.
If you want to change the backup schedule or other parameters of the backup plan, do this in the Acronis web console.
6.2. Running a backup on demand
1. Click Plugins> AcronisBackup
2. Click Run now.
6.3. Accessing the backup console
1. Click Plugins> AcronisBackup.
2. Click Go to the backup console. The backup console opens on a new page. In the backup console, you can adjust backup schedule and other backup parameters.
7. Enabling self-service for cPanel accounts:
1. Click Feature Manager.
2. Select a feature list and click Edit.
3. Select the AcronisBackup checkbox.
4. Click Save.
8. Recovery in the cPanel UI:
Accounts with the enabled Acronis Backup privilege can browse backups in their cPanel interface and download or recover files, folders, databases, mailboxes, mail filters, mail forwarders, and entire account.